- Give your eyes instant lift by curling your lashes before applying mascara.
- Gunky mascara? Dip the bottom 1/2 of the tube into a cup of hot water to soften mascara so there will be no clumps when you apply.
- Create thickness by first applying mascara to the top side of lashes by looking downward and twirling the wand before applying mascara as you normally would.
- Avoid clumps when applying mascara by wiggling the wand side-to-side from the base of your lashes to the tips.
- Give your mascara fullness and staying power by dusting loose powder on lashes between two coats of mascara.
- Make your eyes appear bigger by adding a second (or third!) coat of mascara to the outer corners of your upper lashes.
- Make your eye color pop by applying a coat of colored mascara to the tips of your lashes over a layer of black. Burgundy or brown are great for blue eyes; blue or green mascara makes brown eyes sizzle.
Create volume (and staying power) by dusting loose powder between two coats of mascara.
- Need a touch-up in a hurry? Create the illusion of fullness by applying extra mascara to just the tips of your lashes.
- Prevent under-eye smudging by applying mascara to lower lashes with a vertical wand, and pressing loose powder just under the lash line (also, waterproof mascara helps prevent smudges and runs).
- Remove mascara (even waterproof!) in a jiffy by gently swiping olive, coconut, or sesame oil to lashes with a cotton ball until mascara melts off (added bonus: rich moisture for the eye skin area).
I may be an affiliate for products I recommend, and I may receive a commission from purchases made through affiliate links. I only recommend products I love and use myself, so I know you’ll love them, too!